Again in July, Motorola unveiled an thrilling trio of Edge 20 smartphones with a number of shared key options – HRR OLED screens, 108MP main shooters, 5G connectivity, and 30W quick charging.
At present, we might be exploring the Motorola Edge 20. With a robust Snapdragon 778 chipset and a 3x tele digital camera, the common Edge 20 mannequin is probably the most balanced one of many trio. There’s a Professional mannequin with a flagship Snapdragon 870 SoC and 5x periscope digital camera, whereas the Lite mannequin runs on the essential Dimensity 720 platform and has no zoom digital camera.
Earlier than we proceed, we need to warn you to not confuse this Motorola Edge 20 with the US-exclusive Motorola Edge (2021) that could be a reworked Edge 20 model, or the India-exclusive Motorola Edge 20 Fusion, which relies on the worldwide Edge 20 Lite mannequin.
So, the very first thing you’ll instantly discover about this new Motorola Edge 20 is that it’s not a curved smartphone like the unique Edge, simply quite the opposite. It has beautiful flat sides, display screen and rear panel and is extremely skinny at 7mm. As common, the Edge 20 is splash-proof due to its water-repellent construct.
The Motorola Edge most spectacular function is the 6.7″ OLED display screen with 10-bit colours and 144Hz refresh fee. It helps a dynamic refresh fee too, however we are going to discuss extra about this in our show part. For now, to illustrate it certain seems nice on paper.
This Edge 20 mannequin relies on the Snapdragon 778G 5G chipset, which gives a robust processor and GPU. It needs to be sufficient for clean HRR gaming, and there’s 5G connectivity, too. The Edge 20 Professional is the one with the flagship-grade Snapdragon 870 SoC, however it certain appears like a bit overkill for a 1080p display screen, do not you assume?
Anyway, the rear digital camera of the Edge 20 is totally fascinating. It has a 108MP main snapper with Samsung’s ISOCELL HM3 sensor, adopted by an 8MP digital camera with 3x optical zoom and a 16MP ultrawide shooter with autofocus for cool macro images. The selfies are dealt with by a entrance 32MP digital camera. The Professional mannequin gives 5x zoom as an alternative of 3x, whereas the Lite mannequin has no tele digital camera.
The Motorola Edge 20 additionally shines with 30W quick charging and clean-ish Android 11 with some cool Moto methods.
Motorola Edge 20 specs at a look:
- Physique: 163.0×76.0x7.0mm, 163g; Glass entrance (Gorilla Glass 3), aluminum body, plastic again; Water-repellent design.
- Show: 6.70″ OLED, 1B colours, 144Hz, HDR10+, 1080x2340px decision, 19.5:9 facet ratio, 385ppi.
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 778G 5G (6 nm): Octa-core (1×2.Four GHz Kryo 670 Prime & 3×2.2 GHz Kryo 670 Gold & 4×1.9 GHz Kryo 670 Silver); Adreno 642L.
- Reminiscence: 128GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 8GB RAM; Unspecified.
- OS/Software program: Android 11.
- Rear digital camera: Large (primary): 108 MP, f/1.9, 1/1.52″, 0.7µm, PDAF; Telephoto: eight MP, f/2.4, 79mm, 1.0µm, 3x optical zoom, PDAF, OIS; Extremely vast angle: 16 MP, f/2.2, 13mm, 119˚, 1.0µm.
- Entrance digital camera: 32 MP, f/2.3, (vast), 0.7µm.
- Video seize: Rear digital camera: [email protected], [email protected]/60/120/240fps, [email protected], gyro-EIS; Entrance digital camera: [email protected]
- Battery: 4000mAh; Quick charging 30W.
- Misc: Fingerprint reader (side-mounted); NFC.
Wanting on the specs of the Motorola Edge 20, we will consider solely two potential points – the omission of stereo audio system and the battery capability. Different mid-range smartphones are providing twin audio system and 4,500mAh or extra capability, particularly bigger telephones just like the Edge 20.
With out additional ado, right here is the Motorola Edge 20.
Unboxing the Motorola Edge 20
Motorola Edge 20 ships inside a skinny blue field, which comprises a 30W energy adapter with a USB-C port and a USB-C cable.
The telephone additionally arrives with a clear silicone case, and it is already placed on on your comfort.