Motorola’s Edge collection seem to have misplaced a number of the preliminary which means behind the title – the pair of unique Edge handsets from final 12 months had curved screens, the 2021 fashions are all flat. However trying on the spec sheet, the Edge 20 Professional we now have right here is definitely properly worthy of its ‘Professional’ moniker.
Flat as it could be, the 6.7-inch OLED show has all types of eye-grabbing options, together with a 144Hz refresh charge, HDR10+ certification, and the potential to show a billion colours. However the Edge 20 non-Professional has the identical one, so the Professional-ness have to be elsewhere.
It isn’t the principle digital camera both – the 108MP main unit is, too, shared with the lesser mannequin, as is the 16MP ultrawide. Ah, however the Professional has a 5x zoom periscope tele versus the vanilla telephone’s typical 3x – that is extra prefer it. Plus, that high-res principal shooter gives some further modes on the Professional, together with 8K recording – lacking on the Edge 20.
Then there’s the chipset. The Edge 20 Professional opts for an SD870 – a seasoned professional at a smart worth and a tangible step up from the Edge 20’s SD778. A staple of high-end Moto’s, the Prepared For performance for desktop PC-like expertise on an exterior display screen is current right here as properly, and the 800-series Snapdragon is even higher suited to the duty.
The Edge 20 Professional will get a battery capability improve over the plain mannequin, the 4,500mAh quantity trying higher than the 4,000mAh of the non-Professional. The 30W charging is a little more amateurish, and it could find yourself costing this Moto factors after we’re tallying the outcomes in the long run. So too is the dearth of stereo audio system – it raises eyebrows on the Edge 20, however is sort of unacceptable at this stage within the lineup.
Motorola Edge 20 Professional specs at a look:
- Physique: 163.0×76.0x8.0mm, 185g; Glass entrance (Gorilla Glass 5), glass again or eco leather-based again; Water-repellent design.
- Show: 6.70″ OLED, 1B colours, 144Hz, HDR10+, 1080x2340px decision, 19.5:9 facet ratio, 385ppi.
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM8250-AC Snapdragon 870 5G (7 nm): Octa-core (1×3.2 GHz Kryo 585 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 585 & 4×1.80 GHz Kryo 585); Adreno 650.
- Reminiscence: 128GB 6GB RAM, 128GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 12GB RAM; UFS 3.1.
- OS/Software program: Android 11.
- Rear digital camera: Huge (principal): 108 MP, f/1.9, 1/1.52″, 0.7µm, PDAF; Extremely huge angle: 16 MP, f/2.2, 13mm, 119˚, 1.0µm; Telephoto: eight MP, f/3.4, 126mm, 1.0µm, 5x optical zoom, PDAF, OIS.
- Entrance digital camera: 32 MP, f/2.3, (huge), 0.7µm.
- Video seize: Rear digital camera: [email protected], [email protected]/60fps, [email protected]/60/240/960fps, gyro-EIS; Entrance digital camera: [email protected]
- Battery: 4500mAh; Quick charging 30W.
- Misc: Fingerprint reader (side-mounted, capacitive); NFC.
Motorola Edge 20 Professional unboxing
The Edge 20 Professional is available in a compact navy-blue field with shiny however small-ish branding on the edges and high. Inside, the telephone is already in a gentle silicone case – protected even earlier than you are taking it out of the package deal. Beneath the telephone, the 30W TurboPower adapter awaits and a USB-C cable can be included.
We obtained our Edge 20 Professional in a bundle with a Prepared For USB-C to HDMI cable, itself in a devoted retail field. The telephone and the cable had been in one other shared field, retail-grade as properly, suggesting some markets could get the identical bundle. Our fast search on a number of European retailers’ web sites did not return outcomes for such a combo, nonetheless.