Realme currently has been refreshing its machine lineup in fairly uncommon methods. As an alternative of striving for straight year-over-year upgrades to the identical basic mannequin traces, the principle aim is to stay, as shut as potential, to a given value level after which simply resolve what options at the moment slot in mentioned MSRP. Alternative and selection past which might be lined by continually introducing new fashions and slotting them creatively into the present lineup. It is a system that leaves behind a complicated sea of units and typically results in some “facet grades” as a substitute of clear-cut “upgrades”.
Living proof – the Realme Eight Professional, we lately reviewed, which notably gained a brand new 108MP digicam over its predecessor, but in addition misplaced a number of issues just like the stereo speaker, the water-repellent coating and slashed charging and selfie decision. You get the purpose.
The vanilla Realme Eight was created in a lot the identical method – the producer began with the $210, or so MSRP of its predecessor and match no matter it may throughout the funds. Fortunately, nonetheless, not like the Realme Eight Professional or the Realme Eight 5G, which needed to make some compromises for his or her respective 108MP digicam and 5G headline options, the vanilla Realme Eight is, on paper, a straight improve.
Realme Eight specs at a look:
- Physique: 160.6×73.9×8.0mm, 177g; Glass entrance, plastic body, plastic again.
- Show: 6.40″ Tremendous AMOLED, 1000 nits (peak), 1080x2400px decision, 20:9 side ratio, 411ppi; All the time-on show.
- Chipset: Mediatek Helio G95 (12 nm): Octa-core (2×2.05 GHz Cortex-A76 & 6×2.Zero GHz Cortex-A55); Mali-G76 MC4.
- Reminiscence:64GB 4GB RAM, 128GB 4GB RAM, 128GB 6GB RAM, 128GB 8GB RAM; UFS 2.1; microSDXC (devoted slot).
- OS/Software program: Android 11, Realme UI 2.0.
- Rear digicam: Huge (primary): 64 MP, f/1.8, 26mm, 1/1.73″, 0.8µm, PDAF; Extremely huge angle: Eight MP, f/2.3, 119, 16mm, 1/4.0″, 1.12µm; Macro: 2 MP, f/2.4; Depth: 2 MP, f/2.4.
- Entrance digicam: 16 MP, f/2.5, (huge), 1/3.0″, 1.0µm.
- Video seize: Rear digicam: [email protected], [email protected]/60/120fps, gyro-EIS; Entrance digicam: [email protected]/120fps, gyro-EIS.
- Battery: 5000mAh; Quick charging 30W, 50% in 26 min, 100% in 65 min (marketed).
- Misc: Fingerprint reader (underneath show, optical); NFC; FM radio; 3.5mm jack.
Nicely, a opposite case may theoretically be made for the lack of the 90Hz refresh price. Nevertheless, we’d personally take the brand new Tremendous AMOLED panel of the Realme Eight any day, with its excellent blacks and an marketed 1000 nits of peak brightness.
The brand new show is arguably the largest change over the worldwide model of the Realme 7. The brand new Realme Eight additionally borrows its 64MP Quad-Bayer primary digicam from the Asian model of the Realme 7, which constitutes one other improve over the 48MP unit on the worldwide mannequin. The fingerprint reader is now a trendier under-display one as a substitute of a conventional side-mounted unit.
Apart from these and some smaller particulars right here and there, the Realme Eight efficiently retains most different points of the Realme 7, just like the Helio G95 chipset, 5000mAh battery and 30W charging – all one way or the other crammed into an all-round smaller and lighter physique than final yr. Colour us impressed. However, earlier than we proceed with the design tour, we should always begin with the retail package deal and its contents.
Vivid, yellow, eye-catching containers have largely been the usual for current Realme telephones. The Realme Eight is not any exception. Past the actual shade selection, there may be nothing particular concerning the two-piece field. It’s good and durable and a plastic inner cradle for the telephone itself. No complaints there.
The accent package deal is fairly wealthy. That’s to say, you get a clear delicate TPU case, so you can begin utilizing the Realme Eight instantly. The charger you get is a 30W Dart unit. That comes alongside a Kind-A to Kind-C USB cable. This can be a particular cable, rated to face up to the complete [email protected] output of the charger. It additionally has a further knowledge pin for communication and negotiation with the telephone. You could maintain on to that or else, you may be restricted to [email protected] from the bundled charger with a daily cable. That is one draw back of utilizing proprietary charging tech.