Introduction and specs
Tecno is without doubt one of the manufacturers that the Chinese language cellphone producer Transsion is utilizing for its oversee markets – and most prominently, in Africa.
The corporate has taken its Phantom lineup and has designated it as their flagship product lineup – meant to even attain new markets corresponding to Turkey. So in its essence, it does not have a lot to do with beforehand launched Phantom gadgets by Tecno such because the Phantom 9.
The corporate simply despatched us the primary system within the new sequence for overview – the Phantom X. It’s top-of-the-line so far as Tecno’s portfolio is worried, however take the phrase ‘flagship’ reasonably loosely right here.
The Phantom X is a barely upgraded model of the just lately reviewed Tecno Camon 17 Professional. The Phantom replaces the LCD for an AMOLED panel and presents a more adept digicam setup too however the identical MediaTek G95 powers up each gadgets.
Do not choose it solely by the chipset, although. The Phantom X presents premium-level options that enhance the worth of the system. Essentially the most notable one is the 50MP foremost sensor (identical as within the vivo X60 Professional+), aided by a correct 13MP telephoto digicam (2x zoom) and an 8MP ultrawide unit with autofocus. The selfie aspect hasn’t been ignored both so the reasonably huge punch-hole on the entrance homes a large 48MP foremost digicam and an 8MP one for ultrawide selfies.
Tecno Phantom X specs at a look:
- Physique: 163.5×73.8×8.7mm, 201g; Glass entrance, glass again (Gorilla Glass 5).
- Show: 6.70″ Tremendous AMOLED, 90Hz, 1080x2340px decision, 19.5:9 facet ratio, 385ppi.
- Chipset: Mediatek Helio G95 (12 nm): Octa-core (2×2.05 GHz Cortex-A76 & 6×2.Zero GHz Cortex-A55); Mali-G76 MC4.
- Reminiscence: 256GB 8GB RAM; microSD card slot.
- OS/Software program: Android 11, HIOS 7.6.
- Rear digicam: Huge (foremost): 50 MP, f/1.9, 1/1.3″, 1.2µm, Twin Pixel PDAF, Laser AF; Telephoto: 13 MP, f/2.45, 50mm, PDAF, 2x optical zoom; Extremely extensive angle: eight MP, f/2.25, 120˚, 1/4.0″, 1.12µm, AF.
- Entrance digicam: Huge (foremost): 48 MP, f/2.2, half of.0″, 0.8µm; Extremely extensive angle: eight MP, f/2.2, 105˚, 1/4.0″, 1.12µm.
- Video seize: Rear digicam: [email protected]/60fps, [email protected]; Entrance digicam: [email protected]
- Battery: 4700mAh; Quick charging 33W, 70% in 30 min (marketed).
- Misc: Fingerprint reader (underneath show, optical); FM radio; 3.5mm jack.
Other than the cameras, the system has a giant, curved 6.7-inch OLED panel to be pleased with. It boasts a 90Hz refresh charge and full DCI-P3 coloration gamut protection. And, in fact, there’s an optical fingerprint reader positioned beneath it.
Different notable options embrace 33W quick charging, which ought to ship a 70% cost to the 4,700 mAh battery in 30 minutes, a full-fledged twin SIM + microSD card slot, and a 3.5mm audio jack on the backside. And final, however not least, the Phantom X contains a well-rounded premium-looking design with a patterned glass again, Gorilla Glass 5 on the entrance, and an aluminum body. It is a uncommon case of premium options mixed with a mid-range SoC that may probably snatch some consumers from the big-named manufacturers.
The one catch is that the Tecno model is not well-established in lots of nations, so its foremost markets stay Africa and Turkey. No timeframe has been given for a European launch but.
Unboxing the Tecno Phantom X
The system is available in a giant black field containing the 33W-capable charger, USB-A to USB-C cable for knowledge switch and charging, a protecting case, and a pair of headphones with a 3.5mm plug.
The OEM paid particular consideration to the case because it contains a soft-touch, faux-leather floor offering glorious grip. Nevertheless, it does not wrap across the sides so it leaves the perimeters uncovered. It is nonetheless fairly elegant and barely provides to the cellphone’s dimensions.