Introduction and specs
Vivo determined to launch a few of its gaming-oriented iQOO telephones globally this yr, with the iQOO 7 Legend representing the Chinese language vanilla iQOO 7 whereas the worldwide iQOO 7 stands for the iQOO Neo5. The topic of this hands-on assessment is the Legend. And the latter offers you just about every thing you’d need from a gaming smartphone.
An HRR OLED panel is at hand, ticking at 120Hz, and all these pixels are powered by the Snapdragon 888 chipset. And for a whole multimedia expertise, the cellphone contains a set of loud stereo audio system, too. Sadly, no 3.5mm audio jack, which is considerably nonetheless a regular for gaming units.
vivo iQOO 7 Legend specs at a look:
- Physique: 162.2×75.8×8.7mm, 210g; Glass back and front, metallic body.
- Show: 6.62″ AMOLED, 120Hz, HDR10+, 1300 nits (peak), 1080x2376px decision, 19.8:9 facet ratio, 394ppi; All the time-on show.
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM8350 Snapdragon 888 5G (5 nm): Octa-core (1×2.84 GHz Kryo 680 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 680 & 4×1.80 GHz Kryo 680; Adreno 660.
- Reminiscence: 128GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 12GB RAM; UFS 3.1.
- OS/Software program: Android 11, Funtouch 11.1 (Worldwide), OriginOS (China).
- Rear digicam: Broad (important): 48 MP, f/1.8, 26mm, half.0″, 0.8µm, PDAF, OIS; Telephoto: 13 MP, f/2.5, 50mm, half.8″, 0.8µm, PDAF, 2x optical zoom; Extremely extensive angle: 13 MP, f/2.2, 120˚, 16mm.
- Entrance digicam: 16 MP, f/2.0, (extensive).
- Video seize: Rear digicam: [email protected], [email protected], gyro-EIS; Entrance digicam: [email protected]
- Battery: 4000mAh; Quick charging 120W, 100% in 15 min (marketed) – China, Quick charging 66W – Worldwide.
- Misc: Fingerprint reader (underneath show, optical); Strain-sensitive areas on the show; NFC.
Evidently vivo hasn’t neglected the digicam division too. The iQOO 7 Legend is without doubt one of the few gaming telephones to supply a correct telephoto digicam. Positive, it goes as much as simply 2x optical zoom, however it’s higher than cropping from the principle digicam. The ultrawide can also be 13MP as a substitute of the generally used 8MP, whereas the principle 48MP cam boasts OIS. It is evident even from the specs sheet that the cellphone’s digicam setup is succesful and versatile, successful a few bonus factors towards the competitors.
The weak hyperlink within the present setup would in all probability be the battery. A few years in the past, a 4,000 mAh unit would have been simply sufficient, however at the moment, 5,000 mAh batteries are near changing into commonplace for a gaming cellphone. To compensate for the dearth of juice, vivo has applied as much as 120W quick charging that may top-off the battery in simply 15 minutes. Nevertheless, solely the Chinese language mannequin ships with the stated 120W charger, whereas the worldwide one comes bundled with a 66W charger. Vivo says it is as a result of laws and the 120W charger simply is not appropriate exterior of China.
The pricing of the machine is one in every of its strongest fits. The beginning value in India is INR 39,990, which is a reasonably whole lot contemplating the powerhouse that the iQOO 7 Legend is. And as of now, and one in every of its direct opponents on the Indian market is the OnePlus 9R, and it shapes as much as be a greater deal than that. As soon as the iQOO 7 Legend leaves the Indian market too, there are the Pink Magic 6 and Black Shark Four lurking within the corners.
Unboxing the iQOO 7 Legend
As we already talked about, the worldwide variant ships with a 66W-rated charger, together with a USB-A to USB-C cable for knowledge switch and charging, after all.
Vivo additionally included a becoming protecting case. It is sort of glossy-looking, slippery and would not match very effectively too. It does look sort of good and clear, although, and would in all probability do till the aftermarket circumstances seem.